Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Story of Story Continued

So what's next...


After the creation of the Garrett character it would actually be a few years before I totally put together Shadows Over The Night.  Which Shadows Over the Night matured from several pieces.  The story also came from a vision I had once of being a high school superstar football player.  I never played football, but I watch enough.  Anyway the character had it all, then he broke his leg.  Tough luck he takes on a mining job, on the other side of the universe.  It has a very interesting mechanic but the story was tentatively titled just "Legend"

Another contributor was the idea of a shape shifting guardian.  This became "The Legend of Suldeep" both that and the legend are actually just the back story for SOTN.

Now I will pause and respond to "Is this guy seriously talking to me about all the books he HASN'T published?"  Yes.  Yes I am.

The final ingredient to the story was actually the Secret of the Demon series.  I wanted to tell the story of not one hero, but five.  All intertwined.

Beyond Shadows there are several ideas that have started making there way to paper.  These appeared more like a bum rush so it's harder to define when they came to me.0  And they do come to me.  I don't presume to make this up, I just take it in. 
 
Now during this time in high school where I came up with some of this I cooked up some other things.  I also did plays.  So far I think I have 1 full length manuscript and several shorties, a few teleplays and some half baked stuff.  A quick hit list: Street With a Long Wall, The Dark Place, Tush.  These are actually all needing to be redrafted into the right format for publication.  Maybe a compendium type set of stories or something.

Then there are poems.  So I leave you tonight with one. 


Love is foreplay for tricksters, and weapon to pranksters
Fools throw their hearts to the lions; wise men bleed less to stay cold
Yet amongst the madness we seek security
We seek prosperity
Lovers look for freedom in dependence
Dancers seldom perform on a broken leg, but return to the stage for passion
Be love an art or a crime
An instinct or an addiction
It is an inescapable flaw
Of the greatest moments
People will be allowed

No comments:

Post a Comment