Sunday, January 16, 2011

Project Introduction: Coyote Wild (Working Title)

Somewhere in the future a queen rules over a kingdom embedded in the mountain forests.  The story of Coyote wild is mainly about her oldest daughter Kaelee (working name) and the notorious criminal Coyote Wild (working name and title (noticing a theme here (triple parenthesis just to prove I am an inset master))) 

Structurally though, I believe it is the queen's own journal that will be the back story.  From the draft:

March 31-81
He is as pure a soul as I will ever know.  I am in love like I never dreamed I would be.  Oh mother I am so happy.  For you to have seen this day is the only thing more that I could have wished.  He even shaved for the event!  His troops would never let him live it down, those wild dogs!
I am to wear your dress mother.  The same one you wore with Daddy.  Oh Daddy!  To have you back for this day!  I don’t want to speak too soon, but the wedding couldn’t have come at a better time.  I fear in another month your dress would have no room for me. 
I can feel her now fluttering within me.  I know it is a her.  She comes to me in my dreams and sings to me in her way.  She is a golden angel.  Our golden angel.  We shall raise her as you raised me to be, proud.  Only I worry now about her safety.  I must strengthen the walls of our home and raise the guard.  Now more than ever we must demand peace and serenity for all the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment