Thursday, January 27, 2011

Music and the soul

I have to admit that I am inspired often.  It is the sound of music that drives me to create more than  any other.  All manor of songs have reached me over the years.  Sharing their stories with me, so that I may share them with others.  I live in an amazing world to have been given so much music to enjoy.

Tonight I think I may have topped it all.  In many ways music has inspired my passive mind, building to great tales that are finally scripted out.  This evening it was being lived completely in the moment.  The music inpired the story that was this evening in my life.  Perhaps to be captured in some future memoir or regaled on a TV interview, or maybe it's just mine.  Either way it shakes out I am pleased to have this time, these moments, all of them. 

I am forever reminded of the great Jay-Z who at the beginning of his Unplugged session says (poorly quoted) "You could choose to be anywhere in the world tonight, and you're here with me. I appreciate that."

Thanks to everyone I am with, especially my family.  Every day they choose to be here, with me, I appreciate that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment