Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hey Kid

It's the scene you see in many movies.  The sporting youngster attempts something beyond their current means, a song, a dance, creating a defunct science experiment.  Then the wise cracking older person throws out, "Hey kid, don't quit your day job." 

Sound advice.  I have no intention of quitting mine as a prospect for sure, in fact quite the opposite.  I mean to excel at what I do when I am not moonlighting as an author.  I am also a writer, and that is something I have come to terms with.  Talented?  Popular?  Published?  Not at all things I am debating.  I am just a writer.

When the kid can't leave the day job, the internal drive to create should not be ignored  If we all just wanted to be on stage for everyone else, would we really be on stage?  It's not exhibition or even exposure, its production.  The inception, the design, the creation.  Publication or distribution or presentation of your trade and love...it's just a frame to hang your picture.  You hang it as much for yourself as anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment